Dan Kiely Training.
What Is Driver CPC?
The Driver CPC is a Certificate in Professional Competence for professional bus and truck drivers. The purpose of the Driver CPC training is to keep Bus and Truck drivers up to date on safety issues relating to vehicles, safe driving, environmentally friendly driving, assessments of risk, health and safety and vehicle technical developments. Driver CPC is intended to keep drivers up-to-date with current regulations.
- If you are a new driver you will have to undertake the Driver CPC theory and practical driving tests before getting a Driver CPC.
- If you already have a licence for a bus or truck (C/D licence) you will automatically be entitled to a Driver CPC and will not have to take a test.
- These mandatory rule changes were introduced in Ireland on the 10th September 2008 for bus drivers, and the 10th September 2009 for truck drivers.
- ALL professional bus/truck drivers must be the holder of a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
QUALIFICATION CRITERIA FOR BUS AND TRUCK DRIVER CPC
- A person holding a valid full licence in the bus licence category on or before 9th September 2008 is automatically entitled to the CPC (acquired rights).
- A person who qualifies for a bus licence on or after 10th September 2008 must pass an Initial CPCtheory test and a CPC driving test, as well as the existing theory test and driving test.
- A person holding a valid full licence in the truck licence category on or before 9th September 2009 is automatically entitled to the CPC (acquired rights).
- A person who qualifies for a truck licence on or after 9th September 2009 must pass an Initial CPC theory test and a CPC driving test, as well as the existing theory test and driving test.
A training programme of 35 hours must be completed in the following five years in order to retain the CPC.
This will consist of a one day training session in each of the five years.
DRIVER CPC COURSE MODULES
*** Control of Vehicle and Eco Driving Techniques ***
- *** Minimising Risks and Managing Emergencies in the Transport Industries ***
- *** Health and Safety of the Professional Driver ***
- *** Role of the Professional Driver in the Transport Industry ***
- *** The Professional Truck Driver ***
- *** The Professional Bus Driver ***
- Contact Dan Kiely Training
- DRIVER CPC TRAINING - DIGITAL TACHO TRAINING - ECO DRIVING TRAINING
- *** RSA Approved Driver CPC Trainer ***